Üyelik oluşturma ve foruma giriş konusunda sorun yaşayan üyelerimiz [email protected] adresine email gönderebilirler!

• HI,

I have a green card and is looking to take up a job back in Singapore. I understand that because of the green card, I have to pay US taxes on my Singapore income.
    What I am confused about when I read the posts on this forum (and elsewhere) is that for the Bona Fide Resident Test (BFRT), since I am not a US citizen and that Singapore has no income tax treaty with the US, what does that mean for me?Most of the time, the person posing the question is a US citizen so he/she satisfies the first of the two BFRT.Does that mean that I cannot claim any exclusions and thus the entire income is taxed again?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:

Motion graphics video animation service

Thanks!

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

@michaelsmith Returning Citizen with Green Card içinde söyledi:

HI,

I have a green card and is looking to take up a job back in Singapore. I understand that because of the green card, I have to pay US taxes on my Singapore income.
    What I am confused about when I read the posts on this forum (and elsewhere) is that for the Bona Fide Resident Test (BFRT), since I am not a US citizen and that Singapore has no income tax treaty with the US, what does that mean for me?Most of the time, the person posing the question is a US citizen so he/she satisfies the first of the two BFRT.Does that mean that I cannot claim any exclusions and thus the entire income is taxed again?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:

Motion graphics video animation service

Thanks!

Dear @MichaelSmith , I will give you the general information about tax paying for a Green Card holder, namely you. Please follow up with the links provided to read more about the topic...

As a Green card holder, it is advised that you file your tax return form no matter where you live (abroad or in US). However you do not have to pay tax unless you earn more than $102.100 (this amount is for 2017 and it changes -usually increases- each year, please check IRS website for the current amount), provided that you do not work for a US based company and you have been present in outside of US more than 330 days during 1 year. You can follow this guideline to see if you are eligible for exclusion (I think you are).

If you surrender your Green Card or leave US for more than 12 months period, then you have to follow non-resident alien requirements for filing your tax.

Since you said Singapore does not have tax treaty with US, that means unfortunately you cannot get benefit of BFRT and cannot claim any exclusion. Even if you could claim, this would require you to work in Singapore more than 1 year (uninterrupted) which would jeopardize your Green Card status (Permanent Residence). You can check IRS website for BFRT, which has some examples that might be helpful for you.

Benzer Başlıklar

Forum kurallarına uymayan veya forum düzenine aykırı davranan üyeler uyarılmadan forumdan çıkarılabilirler. Özellikle gereksiz yeni başlık oluşturacakların dikkatine!

Çevrimiçi

Kullanıcı

Konu

İleti

| | | |